College Development Committee is formed as per Section 97 of the Maharashtra Public Universities Act, 2016.
The College Development Committee shall –
- Prepare an overall comprehensive development plan of the college regarding academic, administrative and infrastructural growth. It enables college to nurture excellence in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Decide about the overall teaching programmes or annual calendar of the college.
- Recommend to the management about introduction of new academic courses and the creation of additional teaching and administrative posts.
- Make specific recommendations to the management to create and foster academic collaborations to strengthen teaching and research
- Make specific recommendations regarding the improvement in teaching and suitable training programmes for the employees of the college
- Formulate proposals of new expenditure not provided for in the annual financial estimates (budget)
- Discuss the reports of the Internal Quality Assurance Committee and make suitable recommendations
- Recommend the administration about appropriate steps to be taken regarding the discipline, safety and security issues of the college or institution
- Prepare the annual report on the work done by committee for the year and submit the same to the management of such college.
- Take review of the self-financing courses in the college, if any, and make recommendations for their improvement.
College Development Committee –