DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
Education in Commerce develops the required knowledge, skills and attitudes for the handling of Trade, Commerce and Industry.
After successfully Completing B.Com. programme, students will –
- Have in depth knowledge, understanding and skills in commerce.
- Build a strong foundation of knowledge in different areas of Commerce.
- Develop the skill of applying concepts and techniques used in Commerce for real life problems.
- Inculcate reading, writing, speaking skills and Business correspondence.
- Creates awareness among society about Law and Legislations related to commerce and business.
- Use effectively recent Trends in Business, Organizations and Industries.
- Communicate effectively about Economic Environment of Country as well as World.
- Use effectively practical skills in real life related to banking and corporate world.
- Provides a platform for overall development and develop knowledge level and awareness about Recent Trends of Business World.
- Use new technologies effectively to communicate.
- Work collaboratively and productively in groups.
Programme Specific Outcomes
- Students will be able to apply basic skills learnt in commerce necessary for analysis of various problems in accounting, marketing, business economics, management and finance.
- Students will demonstrate development of values, the role of accounting in society and business.
- Students will able to demonstrate quantitative and qualitative knowledge in key areas of organization behaviour.
- Students will able to evaluate national and international issue and discussion on economic, commercial and business related topics.
- Students will be able to apply key concepts in Costing to businesses.
- Students will have in-depth knowledge of Banking System in India.